Château de la Faisanderie
In 1796 the land previously used as a pheasantry (faisanderie) by the Princes of Conti (located by the former stables, on the road leading to the Cassan Table) was purchased by Mr Dumont, who was known as “Pierrotin”.
In 1829 the property was acquired by Mr Bouiller. At that time only a small house stood where the current château is situated and the gardens were smaller as a result of being bordered by neighbouring landowners’ properties.
Around 1874 when Mr Boullier died, Félix Thoureau, his son-in-law and mayor of L’Isle-Adam (1869-1878) inherited and extended the property by buying neighbouring land and part of the nearby forest.
In 1882 he had the old property demolished in order to build a new château - with four different facades - that still exists today.
The plans for the château were drawn up by the architect Thomas, one of the constructors of the Grand Palais in Paris used for the “Exposition Universelle” (Universal Exhibition) in 1900.
At the end of 1966, the town of L’Isle-Adam purchased the château from its owner Miss Thoureau and constructed housing, a school and the Avenue Abbé Breuil out of the existing site. Today the château is a training centre for handicapped children.